February 19, 2011

Cheap Accessories

I've been a little broke recently, so when it came to accessorizing my bathroom re-do  I didn't have any money to spend.....so I shopped around my house for stuff to use! 

The first things that I found were the old pictures on my bathroom wall....


I just replaced them with pieces of scrapbook paper that I already had.....

Something old made new for FREE!!


Toothbrush holders are expensive and quite honestly, after 2 days, they are all a gross mixture of spit and used toothpaste, anyway!


How about a green bean can covered in the matching scrapbook paper?  I just mod podged it on!  It's going to get gross eventually, so I'll replace it in a month or so.....


My boys are hitting pre-teen and are starting to accumulate boy "cosmetic stuff".....(does that sound manly enough??)  I had these bread tins that I purchased for about $0.75 that I was going to use to hold silverware at picnics this summer.....it works great for a tube of clearsil and even makes it look cute!


You can see my Ruffled Shower Curtain in the reflection of the mirror (ignore my crazy..it's 10 pm hair!).  If you missed the tutorial for it, you can find it HERE.  I took an old king-sized sheet from the Goodwill and transformed it into a shower curtain.

So you can see....it doesn't take a whole lot of money to make BIG changes!


6 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love the scrapbook paper to change up your frames. There are some many different styles of cute paper out there these days. Some of the paper almost looks like art itself. Great job.

Marie C. said...

You did such a nice job repurposing things!

Maria Matter said...

love this idea!

I was blog hopping and found your site, so glad I did! What an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of those tin containers. They just keep on giving! jenny m.

willowbird35 said...

Great job, Ms. Thrify! I love it! I try to spend little or no money when I am fixing up the house too! - Karen

Kelsey@RedefiningDomestic said...

Scrapbooking paper makes such great art! Sometimes I just want to frame pretty paper!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...