February 14, 2011

Last minute Valentine shirt...



Truly, this project took all of 15 minutes and I am not even good at sewing!  I know that it's late for Valentine's day, but I was also thinking that green fabric and a clover would be a good idea for St. Patrick's Day!

Grab a white shirt from Goodwill and trace a heart....I folded my shirt and heart so that it would be centered. (Sorry, everytime I load this picture it flips it....grr!)


I just traced with a pencil....you will be sewing fabric over the lines so they will not show...


Cut strips of red fabric.....I folded over about 2 inches and cut a strip....


Then, cut your 2 inch strip down the seam so that you have 2 two-inch strips.



Follow my Ruffle Tutorial for how to make the ruffles....Now, I only had about 10 minutes at this point because I had to make lunch before our afternoon at basketball......if I had more time, I would have pinned the heart ruffles down to the pencil markings....I just eye-balled it along the pencil line...


I may just rip the heart off tomorrow and then put a clover on for March.....who knows, maybe I'll just keep recycling it.....Easter egg, American flag......



3 comments:

Carrie and Nathan said...

Super cute shirt! I'm no seamstress either, but a really easy way to do a ruffle (as well) would be to stitch 2 (loose tension) stitches along the middle (don't back stitch on the ends) and pull. It ruffles right up. Hope that makes sense! Thanks for the idea!

Alison Agnew said...

Very cute!

Rachelle said...

ADORABLE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...