February 1, 2011

Trapped in the house?? An easy kid's craft idea....

So I love snow!!  It's fluffy and fun to play in....freezing rain...not so much!  It makes the roads impassable and my kids restless and grouchy because it's almost impossible to play in......and we are about to get a TON of it!



I was over at       U Create  looking for fun craft ideas when I stumbled across this idea on their Kids Create page....


...washable window paint!!


HERE are the instructions:

"Turn your windows, patio doors and mirrors into works of art. Mix together equal parts dishwashing liquid and washable liquid paint or powdered tempera. Children will love the process of painting and adults will love the end result: the paint wipes off easily with a dry paper towel."


The site All Free Crafts also has the recipe for face paint using cold cream.....spiffy-sniffy watercolors using Kool-aid......and foamy bath paint using shaving cream....

I think that while a layer of ice forms on the outside of my sliding glass door, we are going to paint a lovely scene on the inside of the door!  (maybe it will cover up all of those fingerprints from the wet, slimy mittens, too!)  I just need to run out and grab some more dishwashing liquid before the ice-ageddon begins!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...