July 22, 2011

You know it's hot when.....

So this is what my thermometer was reading....actually, it dropped 4 degrees because I pulled into the garage to take the picture....




I know that all you Texas and Midwest readers are saying..."Buck up, girl!  It's summer!"  But here in PA, summer means 89 degrees not 106!!


Take for example my tissue paper wreath.  Remember this.....






Well, I awoke to this......




Yep!  The heat MELTED THE GLUE right off the wreath!!  Unbelievable!


So what's a girl to do??  I'm off to make some of Pioneer Woman's Watermelon Granita....some lime juice, sugar and watermelon....Yum!



How are you staying cool?


7 comments:

Jenny @ An Apple for the Crafter said...

OH my gosh! I can't believe the glue melted!! poor you!

Emily said...

Poor wreath. :( It reminds me of the flowers here in Texas. I swear if you don't keep on the watering, they will die! Lol I mostly stay inside unless I HAVE to go outside. The A/C always helps to stay cool.

Melissa said...

My thermostat read 104 this afternoon when I left work. And weather.com was telling me that the heat index had it feeling like 115. It was thundering and lighting at one point and I think it should have been raining but I'm going with the theory that the water evaporated before even hitting the ground...

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Oh my gosh -- sorry, but that is funny! It was 104 on my car thermometer yesterday and the A.C. is broke in the car . . . I was driving around with a water bottle of ice water!

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

I'm so sorry...we've had an unusually cool summer here in So. Cal. and I totally appreciate it. I can't imagine how hot it must be with humidity - typically we're in the low 100s here in late July {but it's much drier}. We've been in mid 80s this week and it's amazing!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.com
Organizing Made Fun

Unknown said...

I live in Las Vegas so we know that we're in for high temps in the summer. That of course doesn't mean that we like it.

Sorry about your wreath.

Lil Mama Stuart said...

I threw away a pizza box this weekend and thought of you stealing your neighbor's.

I totally saved that PW recipe too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...