May 22, 2012

Dining Room Peek...

The saga of the dining room may be coming to a close....

I have been pinning like crazy to my Dining Room Pinterest board and
one picture in particular has been providing inspiration...


{Source}

Have you discovered The 36th AVENUE?  I LOVE this blog.  
Her rooms are simple, bright and beautiful!


So...I have been painting, Craig's-listing, dreaming and pinning!


The first thing that I did was list this hutch on Craig's list...






As much as I liked it, it was just not working in the space.  I had painted it a pale
blue and found that I was planning the whole room around a color that I just didn't love.


I flipped that piece of furniture for this piece of furniture....



Can you see the potential with me??? {as well as my vacuum cleaner in the reflection..oops!}


I have never bought anything at an auction before and I saw this at a
youth mission trip fundraising auction....talk about stressful!


If was me verses a 75 year old man for this piece.....UGH!  But, I won!!


A lot of people gave me that raised eyebrow..."What are you thinking" look, as 
I hauled away my loot, but here is a sneak peek of what I've been doing with it....



I am just GIDDY with how it is looking!


As for wall paint...I have my color picked and am waiting for 9 AM tomorrow when
True Value paint goes on sale...Buy One Get One FREE!!!!  I have a 
whole LIST of paint that I am planning to buy this week!

My goal this summer is to finish all my half-completed projects with the dining 
room taking priority.

I finished painting and distressing my Craig's List Dining Room chairs today.



It has only taken me, what...six months???

5 comments:

Janel from NellieBellie said...

It's going to look oh so pretty! And I agree...Desiree's blog is stunning!!

Unknown said...

I'm going to love it! XO, Aimee

ritajoy@harbour breeze home said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it. It's gonna be great!:)

Bliss said...

When I started blogging in January I had one goal........ my dining room. It's exactly the same 6 months later!

~Bliss~

Good Time Charlie said...

I love 36th Avenue, she has more talent than belongs in someone that teeny! She is amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with that hutch. Good luck on your projects, and your chairs look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...